Visiting & the Admissions Process
We welcome you to visit Kentucky Avenue School and discover more about our program. Kentucky Avenue School provides students from kindergarten through eighth grade with a child-centered educational environment that is academically challenging, nurturing, and artistically creative. Small classes. Big ideas. Come take a look!
Schedule a Tour
Contact Luci Regrut, Director of Admissions, to schedule a tour of Kentucky Avenue School at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412.228.7127.
What to Expect on a Tour
* Meet Ellen McConnell Sanderson, our head of school, and discuss what you are looking for in a school.
* Tour our school’s primary, intermediate and middle school grades.
* See our students completing their daily lessons and work.
* Talk to our teachers and ask questions about Kentucky Avenue School.
* Visit our Kentucky Café and learn about our unique lunch program.
* Have your questions answered and receive admissions materials.
Complete Our Enrollment Application
There are two ways to apply:
• Download and print our enrollment application. Complete and mail with the $50 application fee to:
Kentucky Avenue School
5701 Fifth Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15232
• Fill out our online application and pay the application fee online.
Forms to Submit with the Enrollment Application
- Teacher Recommendation Forms
- Student Questionnaire - to be completed by students entering grades 1-4 and grades 5-8.
- Progress Report - submit your student's most recent progress report or letter of recommendation.
- Writing sample - for students entering grades 4 to 8.
- Any educational evaluations the student has done (i.e., speech evaluations, gifted testing, psycho-educational evaluations).
Family and Student Visit
Schedule a time for your family to visit and be part of the Kentucky Avenue School community. Your family will meet our teachers, learn more about our individual classroom instruction, and see first hand our philosophy about differentiated instruction and constructivist curriculum. During the visit your child will be pulled out of the classroom for a one-on-one assessment.
We accept applications throughout the school year and students can enroll during an academic year if a class has capacity for new students. If you are applying for next school year's kindergarten class your child must turn 5 years old by September 1st. For more information contact Luci Regrut, Director of Admissions, at email@example.com or 412.228.7127.
To request information, please contact Luci Regrut, Director of Admissions, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412.228.7127.
Financial aid is available for families who qualify. For more information, please contact Sherry Wolfe, School Administrator, at email@example.com or 412.361.5332.
After your family and student visit, you will receive further information regarding admissions within one week. Upon your child’s acceptance to Kentucky Avenue School you will receive a welcome email with enrollment paperwork. Your child’s placement as a student of KAS will be complete upon the return of your signed contract, tuition payment form, and $500 deposit.