Visiting & the Admissions Process
We welcome you to visit Kentucky Avenue School and discover more about our program. Kentucky Avenue School provides students from kindergarten through eighth grade with a child-centered educational environment that is academically challenging, nurturing, and artistically creative. Small classes. Big ideas. Come take a look!
Schedule a Tour
To schedule a tour of Kentucky Avenue School, please contact Luci Regrut, Director of Admissions, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412.228.7127.
How to Apply
Schedule a Tour
Contact Luci Regrut, Director of Admissions, to schedule a tour of Kentucky Avenue School at email@example.com or 412.228.7127.
What to Expect on a Tour
- Tour our school's primary, intermediate, and middle school grades
- See our students completing their daily lessons and work
- Talk to our teachers and ask questions about Kentucky Avenue School
- Observe in the classroom and see our differentiated instruction
- Visit our Kentucky Café and learn about our unique lunch program
- Have your questions about Kentucky Avenue School answered and receive detailed literature about our admissions process
Complete Our Enrollment Application
There are two ways to apply:
• Download and print our enrollment application. Complete and mail with the $50 application fee to:
Kentucky Avenue School
5701 Fifth Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15232
• Fill out our online application and pay the application fee online.
Forms to Submit with the Enrollment Application
- Student Questionnaire - to be completed by students entering grades 1-4 and grades 5-8.
- Progress Report - submit your student's most recent progress report or letter of recommendation.
Arrange a Student Visit
Schedule a time for your child to visit our school and be part of the Kentucky Avenue School community for the day. During this part of the admissions process, you and your child will meet our teachers, learn more about our individual classroom instruction, and see in action our philosophy about differentiated instruction and constructivist curriculum.
Applications are welcome throughout the school year, and consideration for enrollment is based on the space available. Our rolling admission policy continues throughout the school year until each grade reaches its capacity. To inquire about availability contact Luci Regrut, Director of Admissions, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412.228.7127.
To request information, please contact Luci Regrut, Director of Admissions, at email@example.com or 412.228.7127.
Financial aid is available for families who qualify. For more information, please contact Sherry Wolfe, School Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412.361.5332.
After your child's visit, you will receive further information regarding admissions within one week. Upon your child's acceptance to Kentucky Avenue School, you will receive a welcome email or letter with a tuition contract. Your child's placement as a student of KAS will be complete upon the return of your signed contract and $500 deposit.